Place:


Balderton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Balderton like this:

BALDERTON, a parish in Newark district, Notts; on the Great Northern railway, 2 miles SE of Newark. It has a post office under Newark. Acres, 4,050. Real property, £8,017. Pop., 987. Houses, 231. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is later English, but has a fine Norman porch. There are a Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £50.

Balderton through time

Balderton is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Balderton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Balderton, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7238

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Balderton ".