Place:


Frostenden  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frostenden like this:

FROSTENDEN, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; 4¼ miles E by S of Brampton r. station, and 4¼ NNW of Southwold. Post town, Wrentham, under Wangford. Acres, 1, 310. Real property, £2, 669. Pop., 409. Houses, 98. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £348. Patron, Thomas Barne, Esq. The church is chiefly early English; has a round western tower; and contains an early English piscina and a later English font. Charities, £28.

Frostenden through time

Frostenden is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Frostenden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frostenden, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7223

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frostenden ".