Place:


Aslockton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aslockton like this:

ASLACTON, or Aslockton, a township in Whatton, Notts; on the river Smite, adjacent to the Nottingham and Grantham railway, 3¼ miles E of Bingham. It has a station on the railway, and its Post Town is Whatton under Nottingham. Real property, £2,408. Pop., 410. Houses, 96. Chief residences are Aslacton Abbey and Aslacton House. A chapel here was a peculiar of the collegiate church of Southwell, but is now a ruin. Archbishop Cranmer was a native.

Aslockton through time

Aslockton is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aslockton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aslockton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7222

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aslockton ".