Place:


Freckenham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Freckenham like this:

FRECKENHAM, a parish in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; on the river Lark, at the boundary with Cambridgeshire, 3¼ miles SW of Mildenhall, and 4¼ NW of Kennet r. station. It has a post office under Soham. Acres, 2, 520. Real property, £3, 388. Pop., 476. Houses, 97. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage and a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £600.* Patron, Peterhouse, Cambridge. The church is pretty good; and there are a national school, and charities £25.

Freckenham through time

Freckenham is now part of Forest Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Freckenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Freckenham, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7209

Date accessed: 16th January 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Freckenham ".