In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frinton on Sea like this:
FRINTON, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; on the coast, 4¼ miles SW of the Naze, 9 SSE of Wrabness r. station, and 12½ SE of Manningtree. Post town, Walton-on-the-Naze, under Colchester. Acres, 820; of which 110 are water. Real property, £660. Pop., 29. Houses, 6. The property is divided among a few. The sea has washed away a great part of the parish, and is still making encroachment. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £162. Patron, S. Lushington, Esq. Part of the church fell in 1703; and the rest of it was recently in disrepair. Captain Bushell, the wreck-searcher, and Cornelius de Tulbury, "who could poison with impunity, " were residents.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frinton on Sea has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tendring. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frinton on Sea and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frinton on Sea, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frinton on Sea".