Place:


Finningham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Finningham like this:

FINNINGHAM, a village and a parish in Hartismere district, Suffolk. The village stands adjacent to the Eastern Union railway, 6¼ miles SW of Eye; and has a station on the railway, a post office under Stowmarket, and a fair on 4 Sept. The parish comprises 1, 242 acres. Real property, £2, 639. ...


Pop., 542. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £350.* Patron, G. E. Frere, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and has a fine font, and monuments of the Freres and the Fenns. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £26.

Finningham through time

Finningham is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Finningham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Finningham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7187

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Finningham ".