Place:


Easton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton like this:

EASTON, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 3½ miles NE of Kimbolton r. station, and 6½ W of Huntingd-Post-town, Spaldwick, under St. Neot's-Acres, 1, 310. Real property, £1, 427. Pop., 155. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £68. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £73.

Easton through time

Easton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7177

Date accessed: 15th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easton ".