Place:


Diddington  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Diddington like this:

DIDDINGTON, a parish in St. Neot's district, Huntingdon; near the river Ouse, 2½ miles SW of Offord r. station, and 4 N of St. Neot's. It includes part of Boughton hamlet; and its post town is Buckden, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1, 450. Real property, £2, 129. Pop., 204. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £134.* Patron, Merton College, Oxford. The church is of the 14th century, and tolerable.

Diddington through time

Diddington is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Diddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Diddington in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7175

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Diddington ".