Place:


Covington  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Covington like this:

COVINGTON, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; at the boundary with Beds and Northampton, 3½ miles NW of Kimbolton r. station, and 6½ E of Higham-Ferrars. It has a post office under St. Neots. Acres, 1, 290. Real property, £1, 315. Pop., 188. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £182.* Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is good.

Covington through time

Covington is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Covington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Covington in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7172

Date accessed: 10th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Covington ".