Place:


Coppingford  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coppingford like this:

COPPINGFORD, or Copmanford, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; on Alconbury brook, 6½ miles SW of Holme r. station, and 7½ NW of Huntingdon. Post town, Alconbury, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1, 030. Real property, £805. Pop., 62. Houses, 15. Coppingford Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Upton, in the diocese of Ely. The church is in ruins.

Coppingford through time

Coppingford is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coppingford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coppingford in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7171

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coppingford ".