Place:


Caldecote  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caldecote like this:

CALDECOTE, a parish in the district of Peterborough, and county of Huntingdon; 1½ mile WSW of Stilton, and 4 W of Holme r. station. Post Town, Stilton, under Peterborough. Acres, 778. Real property, £1,104. Pop., 70. Houses, 14. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged, in the 13th century, to the Hallidays. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £156. Patron, W. Wells, Esq. The church is good.

Caldecote through time

Caldecote is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Caldecote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caldecote in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7164

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Caldecote ".