Place:


Bythorn  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bythorn like this:

BYTHORN, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; on the verge of the county, 4 miles ESE of Thrapston r. station, and 6½ NW by N of Kimbolton. Post Town, Thrapston. Acres, 1,503. Real property, £2,140. Pop., 292. Houses, 59. The living s a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Brington, in the dio. of Ely. The church is early English. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £16.

Bythorn through time

Bythorn is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bythorn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bythorn in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7163

Date accessed: 26th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bythorn ".