Place:


South Elmham All Saints  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Elmham All Saints like this:

ELMHAM (South)-All Saints, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk, 4 miles SE of Homersfield r. station, and 5½ NW by N of Halesworth. Post town, South Elmham-St. Margaret, under Harlestone. Acres, 1, 150. Real property, with South Elmham-St. Nicholas, £2, 704. Pop., 197. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of South Elmham-St. Nicholas, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £270. Patron, Sir R. Adair, Bart. The church has a round tower, contains a square Norman font, and is tolerable.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Elmham All Saints, in and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7142

Date accessed: 19th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Elmham All Saints ".