Place:


Abbotsley  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbotsley like this:

ABBOTSLEY, a parish in St. Neot's district, Huntingdon; 3¼ miles E of the Great Northern railway, and 4½ SE of St. Neot's. Post Town, St. Neot's. Acres, 2,110. Real property, £2,005. Pop., 486. Houses, 94 The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £85.* Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church is good, and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £9.

Abbotsley through time

Abbotsley is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abbotsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abbotsley in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7138

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abbotsley ".