Place:


Depden  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Depden like this:

DEPDEN, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 6½ miles S of Saxham r. station, and 7½ SW of Bury-St. Edmunds. It has a post office under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1, 595. Real property, £2, 403. Pop., 265. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £425.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a brass of Lady Jermyn and two husbands; and is good. Bishop Sparrow was a native.

Depden through time

Depden is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Depden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Depden, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7129

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Depden ".