Place:


Darsham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Darsham like this:

DARSHAM, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the East Suffolk railway, 5½ miles NE by N of Saxmundham. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Saxmundham. Acres, 1, 550. Real property, £2, 823. Pop., 409. Houses, 105. The property is divided among a few. Darsham Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £101.* Patron, the Earl of Stradbrooke. The church has an octagonal font, open seats of carved oak, and a brass of 1641; and is very good. Charities, £28.

Darsham through time

Darsham is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Darsham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Darsham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7122

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Darsham ".