Place:


Norton Mandeville  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norton Mandeville like this:

NORTON-MANDEVILLE, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; near the river Roding, 2½ miles N E of On-gar r. station. Post-town, Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 757. Real property, £681. Pop., 129. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester Value, £83. Patron,Cure, Esq. The church was recently in dis-repair.

Norton Mandeville through time

Norton Mandeville is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Norton Mandeville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norton Mandeville, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7118

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Norton Mandeville ".