Place:


Cransford  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cransford like this:

CRANSFORD, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; adjacent to the river Alde and to the Framlingham railway, 2 miles ENE of Framlingham. It has a post office under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1, 189. Real property, £1, 994. Pop., 284. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. Cransford Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £430.* Patron, G. W. Pooley, Esq. The church is good; and there is a Baptist chapel.

Cransford through time

Cransford is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cransford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cransford in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7107

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cransford ".