Place:


Little Cornard  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Cornard like this:

CORNARD (Little), a parish in Sudbury district, Suffolk; on the river Stour, adjacent to the Sudbury railway, 2¾ miles SE of Sudbury. Post town, Sudbury. Acres, 1, 657. Real property, £3, 124. Pop., 404. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £509.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Norwich and G. M. Hawkins, Esq. The church is tolerable.

Little Cornard through time

Little Cornard is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Cornard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Cornard, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7100

Date accessed: 18th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Cornard ".