Place:


Great Cornard  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Cornard like this:

CORNARD (Great), a parish in Sudbury district, Suffolk; 1¼ mile SE of Sudbury r. station. Post town, Sudbury. Acres, 1, 567. Real property, £4, 049. Pop., 604. Houses, 201. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Ely. Value, £155.* Patron, B. Sparrow, Esq. The church was recently restored.

Great Cornard through time

Great Cornard is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Cornard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Cornard, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7099

Date accessed: 23rd April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Cornard ".