Place:


Copdock  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Copdock like this:

COPDOCK, a parish in Samford district, Suffolk; on an affluent of the river Orwell, 2 miles NNE of Capel r. station, and 3½ SW of Ipswich. It has a post office under Ipswich. Acres, 954. Real property, £2, 233. Pop., 341. Houses, 70. The property is much subdivided. Copdock Hall is the seat of Lord Walsingham. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Washbrook, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £483.* Patron, Lord Walsingham. The church is very good.

Copdock through time

Copdock is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Copdock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Copdock, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7098

Date accessed: 25th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Copdock ".