Place:


Clopton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clopton like this:

CLOPTON, a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; 3½ miles N by W of Bealings r. station, and 4 NW of Woodbridge. Post town, Grundisburgh, under Wood-bridge. Acres, 2, 074. Real property, £4, 012. Pop., 407. Houses, 84. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is common. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £720.* Patron, Mrs. E. Taylor. The church is old but good; and there are charities £34.

Clopton through time

Clopton is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clopton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clopton in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7093

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clopton ".