Place:


Chedburgh  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chedburgh like this:

CHEDBURGH, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk. 4½ miles S of Saxham r. station, and 6 SW of Bury-St. Edmunds. Post town, Depden, under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 566. Real property, £1, 107. Pop., 325. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, not reported.* Patron, the Marquis of Bristol. The church was built in 1842; and is in the decorated English style. Charities, £25.

Chedburgh through time

Chedburgh is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chedburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chedburgh, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7084

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chedburgh ".