Place:


Chattisham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chattisham like this:

CHATTISHAM, a parish in Samford district, Suffolk; 2¼ miles NE of Raydon r. station, and 5 SW by W of Ipswich. Post town, Ipswich. Acres, 713. Real property, £1, 427. Pop., 192. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £168.* Patron, Eton College. The church has a brass of 1592; and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6.

Chattisham through time

Chattisham is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chattisham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chattisham, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7083

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chattisham ".