Place:


Carlton Colville  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carlton Colville like this:

CARLTON-COLVILLE, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; on the East Suffolk railway, between the rivers Lothing and Waveney, 3½ miles SW by W of Lowestoft. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Lowestoft. Acres, 2,804. Real property, £5,256. Pop., 946. Houses, 202. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £345.* Patron, W. Andrews, Esq. The church is old but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and a private lunatic asylum.

Carlton Colville through time

Carlton Colville is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carlton Colville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carlton Colville, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7079

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carlton Colville ".