Place:


Bruisyard  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bruisyard like this:

BRUISYARD, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Alde, 3 miles NE of Framlingham r. station, and 4½ WNW of Saxmundham. Post Town, Cransford, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,126. Real property, £1,794. Pop., 222. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stradbroke. ...


A chantry or college was removed hither, in 1354, from Campsey; changed afterwards into a nunnery; and given, at the dissolution, to Nicholas Hare. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £60. Patron, the Earl of Stradbroke. The church has two brasses.

Bruisyard through time

Bruisyard is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bruisyard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bruisyard in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7067

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bruisyard ".