Place:


Great Bradley  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Bradley like this:

BRADLEY (Great), a parish in Risbridge district, Suffolk; on the verge of the county, 5 miles SE of Dullingham r. station, and 6 N of Haverhill. It has a post office under Newmarket. Acres, 2,280. Real property, £3,369. Pop., 460. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £407. Patrons, the Trustees of the Rev. W. S. P. Wilder. The church is substantial.

Great Bradley through time

Great Bradley is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Bradley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Bradley, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7050

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Bradley ".