In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boyton like this:
BOYTON, a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; on the river Alde, near Hollesley bay, 4 miles WSW of Orford, and 7 SE of Melton r. station. Post Town, Hollesley, under Woodbridge. Acres, 1,533. Real property, £1,968. Pop., 254. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £365.* Patrons, Mrs. Warner's Trustees. The church is very good; and there are almshouses for eight men and eight women.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Boyton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Boyton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boyton in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 17th September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Boyton".