In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blundeston like this:
BLUNDESTON, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; near the coast, 2 ½ miles ENE of Somerleyton r. station, and 3 ½ NW by N of Lowestoft. It has a post office under Lowestoft. Acres, 1,573. Real property, £3,306. Pop., 664. Houses, 156. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to R. H. Reeve, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Flixton, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £617.* Patrons, Executors of T. Morse, Esq. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £87.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blundeston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Waveney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blundeston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blundeston, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blundeston".