In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Badingham like this:
BADINGHAM, a parish in Hoxne district, Suffolk; 3½ miles N by E of Framlingham r. station. It has a post office under Saxmundham. Acres, 3,172. Real property, £5,814. Pop., 749. Houses, 166. The property is subdivided. Badingham Hall and Badingham Green are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £582.* Patron, Rev. R. G. Gorton. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a free school, and charities £24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Badingham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Badingham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Badingham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Badingham".