In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashbocking like this:
ASH-BOCKING, or Ashbocken, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 5 miles NE of Claydon r. station, and 8 N of Ipswich. Post Town, Coddenham under Needham-Market. Acres, 1,408. Real property, £2,588. Pop., 324. Houses, 70. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £333.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a brass of a Bocking of 1585, and is very good. Charities, £25.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashbocking has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Suffolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashbocking and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashbocking in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashbocking".