Place:


Wickham St Paul  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wickham St Paul like this:

WICKHAM-ST. PAUL, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; 3 miles ENE of Hedingham r. station, and 4¼ N by E of Halstead. Post town, Halstead. Acres, 1,225. Real property, £2,270. Pop., 409. Houses, 99. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of St. Pauls. W. Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £407.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St. Pauls. The church was restored in 1866. There is a free school.

Wickham St Paul through time

Wickham St Paul is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wickham St Paul itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wickham St Paul, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6974

Date accessed: 19th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wickham St Paul ".