Place:


Little Wakering  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Wakering like this:

WAKERING (Little), a parish, with four islands, in Rochford district, Essex; 4 miles ENE of Southend r. station. Post town, Great Wakering, under Southend. Acres, 5,862; of which 3,280 are water. Real property, £3,473. Pop., 283. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £200. Patron, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London. The church is old but good.

Little Wakering through time

Little Wakering is now part of Rochford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rochford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Wakering itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Wakering, in Rochford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6958

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Wakering ".