Place:


Twinstead  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Twinstead like this:

TWINSTEAD, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; 3 miles SSW of Sudbury r. station. Post town, Sudbury. Acres, 1,008. Real property, £2,179. Pop., 193. Houses, 48. T. Hall is the seat of B. Sparrow, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £250.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was built in 1860, and is in the geometric style.

Twinstead through time

Twinstead is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Twinstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Twinstead, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6952

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Twinstead ".