Place:


Tolleshunt Darcy  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tolleshunt Darcy like this:

TOLLESHUNT-D'ARCY, a parish, with a village, in Maldon district, Essex; 5¾ miles ENE of Maldon r. station. It has a post-office under Kelvedon, and a fair on 11 June. Acres, 3,371; of which 230 are water. Real property, £5,418. Pop., 803. Houses, 170. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £250.* Patron, J. G. Rebow, Esq. The church is decorated and later English. Charities, £26.

Tolleshunt Darcy through time

Tolleshunt Darcy is now part of Maldon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maldon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tolleshunt Darcy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tolleshunt Darcy, in Maldon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6946

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tolleshunt Darcy ".