Place:


Tilbury Juxta Clare  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilbury Juxta Clare like this:

TILBURY-JUXTA-CLARE, a parish in Halstead district, Essex; 1 mile N by E of Yeldham r. station, and 3½ S by W of Clare. Post town, Halstead. Acres, 946. Real property, £1,631. Pop., 232. Houses, 62. The manor belongs to the Earl of Mornington. The living is a rectory, annexed to Ovington-The church is old.

Tilbury Juxta Clare through time

Tilbury Juxta Clare is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tilbury Juxta Clare itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilbury Juxta Clare, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6942

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tilbury Juxta Clare ".