In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Theydon Bois like this:
THOYDON-BOIS, a parish in Epping district, Essex; on the river Roding, and on the London and Ongar railway, 3 miles S of Epping. It has a post-office, under Epping, and a r. station. Acres, 2,176. Real property, £3,384. Pop., 610. Houses, 125. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £166.* Patron, R. W. H. Dare, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1852. There are a national school, four almshouses, and charities £20.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Theydon Bois has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Epping Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Theydon Bois and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Theydon Bois, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Theydon Bois".