Place:


Strethall  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strethall like this:

STREETHALL, a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; 2¾ miles SW of Great Chesterford r. station. Post town, Saffron-Walden. Acres, 606. Real property, £770. Pop., 41. Houses, 11. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £240. Patron, Archdeacon Raymond. The church is Norman.

Strethall through time

Strethall is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Strethall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strethall, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6922

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Strethall ".