In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stebbing like this:
STEBBING, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Dunmow district, Essex. The village stands 3 miles NE by E of Dunmow r. station; dates from at least the time of the Confessor; carries on some malting; and has a post-office under Chelmsford, and a fair on 10 July. The parish comprises 4,301 acres. ...
Real property, £7,589. Pop., 1,346. Houses, 310. The manors belonged anciently to the Peverells and the Ferrers; and belong now to the Earl of Essex and Col. Bingham. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £351.* Patron, Col. Bingham. The church is decorated English, and has a tower and spire. There are chapels for Independents and Quakers, two public schools, and charities £23.The sub-district contains 5 parishes. Acres, 17,307. Pop., 4,956. Houses, 1,138.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stebbing, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stebbing ".