In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stapleford Abbotts like this:
STAPLEFORD-ABBOTS, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; 5¼ miles N by W of Romford r. station. Post town, Romford. Acres, 2,331. Real property, £3,772. Pop., 502. Houses, 102. The property is much sub-divided. Albyns is the seat of W.Gellibrand, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £513.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good. There are an endowed school with £25 a year, and charities £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stapleford Abbotts has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Epping Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stapleford Abbotts and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stapleford Abbotts, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stapleford Abbotts".