In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Salcot like this:
SALCOTT, a parish in Lexden district, Essex; on acreek of the Blackwater estuary, 7½ miles S E of Kelvedon r. station. Post-town, Kelvedon. Acres, 255. Real property, £912. Pop., 188. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is salt marsh. A fair is held on 4 Sept. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £125. Patron, the Rev. W. T. Bullock. The church is early English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Salcot has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Colchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Salcot and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Salcot, in Colchester and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Salcot".