Place:


Runwell  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Runwell like this:

RUNWELL, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; on the river Crouch, 5 miles N by E of Pitsea r.station. Post-town, Chelmsford. Acres, 2,059. Real property, £2, 641. Pop., 366. Houses, 70. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to T. Kemble, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £570.* Patron, the Rev. T. Knox. The church is later English and was recently restored. There is a day school.

Runwell through time

Runwell is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Runwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Runwell, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6887

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Runwell ".