In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ramsden Crays like this:
RAMSDEN-CRAYS, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; on the river Crouch, 2 miles E S E of Billericay, and 4½ N N W of Pitsea r. station. Post-town, Billericay. Acres, 1, 453. Real property, £2, 307. Pop., 262. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with the Ashes, belongs to F. M. B. Batard, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £370. Patron, F. Francis, Esq. The church is very old.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ramsden Crays has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Basildon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ramsden Crays and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ramsden Crays, in Basildon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ramsden Crays".