In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described White Notley like this:
NOTLEY (White), a village and a parish in Braintree district, Essex. The village stands on the river Brain, adjacent to the Braintree railway, 3½ miles N W by N of Witham; and has a station on the railway and a post-office under Witham. The parish comprises 2, 228acres. Real property, £3, 429. Pop., 508. Houses, 105. The manor belongs to J. F. Wright, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £.249.* Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is old, and has a wooden belfry and a spire. Charities, £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing White Notley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Braintree. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering White Notley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of White Notley, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "White Notley".