Place:


Mashbury  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mashbury like this:

MASHBURY, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; 5¼ miles NW of Chelmsford r. station. Post town, Chelms ford. Acres, 815. Real property, £1,024. Pop., 120. Houses, 27. Mashbury Hall and Mashbury House are farm-houses. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Chignall, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is good.

Mashbury through time

Mashbury is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mashbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mashbury, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6825

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mashbury ".