Place:


Lamarsh  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lamarsh like this:

LAMARSH, a parish, with a village, in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; adjacent to the river Stour at the boundary with Suffolk, 2½ miles NW of Bures r. station, and 4 SSE of Sudbury. Post-town, Bures, under Colchester. Acres, 1,245. Real property, £2,447. Pop., 329. Houses, 75. The property is subdivided. Lamarsh Lodge is the seat of W. J. Parmenter, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £379.* Patron, C. Teesdale, Esq., and another. The church has a round tower, and is tolerable.

Lamarsh through time

Lamarsh is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lamarsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lamarsh, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6794

Date accessed: 17th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lamarsh ".