In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Meliden like this:
MELIDEN, a township and a parish in the district of St. Asaph and county of Flint. The township lies on the coast and on the Chester and Holy head railway, 2 miles SW of Prestatyn r. station, and 4½ N by E of St. Asaph. The parish contains also the townships of Nant and Prestatyn, the latter of which has a post office under Rhyl. ...
Acres, 4,722; of which 3,115 are water. Real property, £12,920; of which £.9,452 are in mines. Pop., 1,250. Houses, 292. The property is divided among a few. Nant was a seat of the Conways; and Prestatyn had formerly a castle. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Valne, £183.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is good. 'T he vicarage of Prestatyn is a separate benefice. Bouchery's charity for four clergymen yields £75 a year.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Meliden, in Denbighshire and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Meliden ".