Place:


Magdalen Laver  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Magdalen Laver like this:

LAVER (MAGDALEN), a parish in Epping district, Essex; 4¼ miles NW of Ongar, and 4 SE of Harlow r. station. Post town, Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 1, 228. Real property, £1, 921. Pop., 213. Houses, 42. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £310. Patron, the Rev. S.Mason. The church is ancient but good; and is a low building, with tile roof and wooden belfry.

Magdalen Laver through time

Magdalen Laver is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Magdalen Laver itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Magdalen Laver, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6774

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Magdalen Laver ".