In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langham like this:
LANGHAM, a village and a parish in Lexden district, Essex. The village stands near the river Stour, at the boundary with Suffolk, 3 miles NW by N of Ardleigh r. station, and 7 NNE of Colchester; is an ancient place; and has a post-office under Colchester. The parish comprises 2,896 acres. Real property, £4,984. ...
Pop., 862. Houses, 185. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £640.* Patron, the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is ancient, has a tower, and was recently in disrepair. There are a Baptist chapel, and a national school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langham, in Colchester and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langham ".