Place:


Marshfield  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marshfield like this:

MARSHFIELD, a village and a parish in Newport district, Monmouth. The village stands near the South Wales railway, 5 miles SW of Newport; and has a station on the railway. The parish comprises 1,270 acres; and its Post town is Newport, Monmouth. Real property, £2,498. Pop., 509. Houses, 115. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £55.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church is later English, in good condition; and contains stone-stalls.

Marshfield through time

Marshfield is now part of Newport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marshfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marshfield, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6748

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marshfield ".